Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. Does WestHost have a "Control Panel" or some other utility to manage my website?
- A. Yes, WestHost features an enhanced user interface that is fully integrated with cPanel. Our single-sign on control panel gives you access to domain registrations, SSL certificates, and other hosting account features. Our hosting accounts feature cPanel which is the industry leading control panel and provides a rich online environment from where you can manage your web hosting.
- Q. Can I add software to my account?
- A. Yes. You have complete control over all aspects of your account, including the installation of software. If you install software not included in your hosting plan, we cannot guarantee its functionality and it will not be supported by our technical support staff. However, because we offer support for Perl, PHP, MySQL, and other programming languages, you have very few limitations when it comes to which software you can install. Finally, WestHost is constantly adding new and exciting software applications that can be installed automatically through the control panel at any time
- Q. What Are Name Servers (NS).
- A. You Need Both:
- Q. What is the difference between name-based and IP-based hosting?
- A. Name-based hosting is when hosting sites share a single IP address, with site traffic directed by the server to the appropriate hosting account by examining 'host headers'. IP-based hosting accounts come with a unique IP address that is not shared with anyone else. At any time, for an additional $2 per month, you can convert a name-based account to an IP based account.
Some of the features that require IP based hosting are:
Purchasing your own SSL certificate and using your own domain name for SSL access (secure socket layer).
Anonymous FTP (file sharing) for your visitors is not possible under name-based hosting.
Running scripts or software that requires a unique IP.
- Q. Can I monitor my disk space and bandwidth usage?
- A. Yes. You may monitor disk space and bandwidth usage from within your cPanel control panel.
- Q. Can I upgrade my account if I need to?
- A. Yes. You can upgrade your account at anytime. You will pay the difference between your current account and your new account. There are no extra fees involved in upgrading. You can upgrade your account by logging into your control panel.
- Q. How do I transfer files to my website?
- A. Files must be transferred to the Web server via File Transport Protocol (FTP) or your account's Web-based File Manager. If you need FTP, SSH, mail, or other Internet software, visit ZDNet Software Library. ZDNet Software Library is a source for the latest Internet applications with ratings and reviews to help you decide which application is best suited for your needs. An FTP tutorial is also available for beginner users who may not be familiar with FTP. We also provide a Web-based File Manager to make it even easier for you to upload your files.
2007-2012 (c) LTD "ProHosting"
All rights reserved